Free bets are among the most popular bonuses on betting sites, and the reason for their popularity can be found in their name. Most sports betting sites offer them because they know players love freebies.
A free sports bet essentially enables you to make a bet for free, but that’s an oversimplification of these often complex bonuses. With that in mind, we wanted to give you a better explanation of what a free bet bonus is, so you know exactly which free bet bonuses are worth it and how to use them effectively to win the most money you can. Let’s begin!
Best Betting Sites With Free Bets
There are countless sports betting sites on the web that offer lots of free bet bonuses. As this is the most common type of bonus on betting sites, it’s no wonder it’s so easy to find. What’s more, almost any bonus on a sports betting site can be called a free bet.
However, not all of these sites are good, and even fewer bonuses are worth your time. Some offer very little, and some have terrible wagering requirements. That’s why it’s crucial to stick to betting sites that offer great free bet promotions.
We’ve made sure to locate those sites, and we’ll continue to look for them, so make sure you refer back to our list when you want to find a site. From small free bet offers, all the way to free bet no deposit bonuses, here’s what you can get:
Spin Sports100% Bonus Up To $200 in Free Bets *T&C Apply Full terms apply.
PowerPlayUp To $100 in Free Bets *T&C Apply Full terms apply.
Sports Interaction100% Bonus Up To $100 *T&C Apply Full terms apply.
10Bet100% Bonus Up To $100 *T&C Apply Full terms apply.
888sport100% Bonus Up To $200 *T&C Apply Full terms apply.
What Is a Free Bet?
A free bet is practically any type of bonus or promotion that a sports betting site offers to new and existing players for free. However, the free part always comes with stipulations, and you’ll usually have to place a specific type of wager with a designated set of odds to claim a free bet bonus.
Nevertheless, once you do, the free bet you get is, indeed, free, as you won’t have to pay to make it.
These offers range from poor to incredibly rewarding, and you need to check what the offer gives you and what requirements you need to complete to get it.
How to Get and Use a Free Bet Bonus?
Getting a free bet offer is usually very simple. Here are the steps you need to follow to claim the offer you like:
- Free bet sign-up — The first thing you need to do is sign up for an account on the betting site making the offer. If the free bet you want to get is part of a welcome bonus, you will need to meet its requirements. If not, all you need to do is register and make a deposit later. The registration process is usually the same, and all it requires is for you to input information like your name, password, email, address, and more.
- Verification process — After you sign up, you’ll usually have to verify your account. This is a quick check of the validity of your personal information and deposit method. Naturally, it’s completely legal and according to gambling rules, and as long as you’re using one of the sites we recommend, the whole process will be over in a few minutes.
- Complete the free bet requirements — Meeting the requirements usually entails making a specific deposit or making a particular type of bet. All in all, you will undoubtedly have to make a deposit, unless we’re talking about a free bet no deposit offer, for which you only need to register. It’s crucial to check the free bet terms and conditions before you do anything, as they are always different.
- Claim the free bet — Once you’ve met the requirements, you can claim the free bet. How this is done depends on the site, but in most cases, you won’t have to do anything except claim the offer in your account.
- Use the free bet — Now you finally get to use the offer! It’s simple, and you can use it as you would any other bet. You only need to place the bet on the betting market you like, and that’s it. However, bear in mind that you’ll usually have to choose a specific type of wager or a particular set of betting markets. All of this is, once again, explained in the terms of the offer.
Terms and Conditions of Free Bets
As we’ve already said, free bet offers usually come with a few terms, as all bonus offers do. Let’s take a look at the most common ones and what kinds of terms you want to see in a free bet offer::
- You will usually have to wager the winnings a few times before you get to withdraw the money. Smaller free bet bonuses typically come with a 3x wagering requirement. However, the larger the offer, the higher the wagering requirements. Try to avoid offers with too high wagering requirements, like 40x or more.
- In most cases, you won’t be able to deposit the money you need to claim the offer with Skrill or Neteller. On rare occasions, other e-wallets won’t be allowed either, but in most cases, it’s just Skrill and Neteller.
- Once you get the free bet, you will usually have to place it on a specific sport, but sometimes, you will have to use a particular type of bet. Additionally, the odds of your bet will have to surpass a specific number. This stipulation is put in place because the betting site doesn’t want you to place easy-to-win bets.
- Some free bet bonuses will require you to input a code. This bonus code is usually shown on the bonus page or given out by affiliate sites. If you need to input a code for a free bet we recommend, we’ll always provide that code for you, so there’s no need to worry.
- Some free bet offers come with expiry dates, so make sure you use them up before they disappear.
How to Get the Most Out of a Free Bet?
To get the most out of free bets, the first thing you need to do is use a great betting site, like the ones we recommend. That’s because these sites tend to offer the best bonuses in the sports betting world, coupled with the most manageable requirements.
However, you will still need to be an experienced sports bettor. If you know how to place the best bets, you’ll be able to win a lot more with the help of free bet bonuses than other players. What’s more, you’ll know exactly how to make a great bet even with the requirements that often come with free bets.
Additionally, it’s best to claim as many free bets as the site offers. Just make sure they are all good. You can also use more sites at once and claim a bonus on each.
Make sure to look for free bet offers during significant sporting events, like the Superbowl or the Stanley Cup. During such events, sportsbooks tend to go out of their way and offer more enticing promotions than usual.
And that’s about all you need to know to get the most out of free bets. All that’s left for you to do is to start claiming them!
Can I use multiple free bets?
Can I immediately cash out my free bet?
Is it possible to profit from a free bet?
Do free sports bets come with country restrictions?